The American Advertising Awards is the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, attracting more than 40,000 entries every year in local AAF Club (Ad Club) competitions. The mission of the American Advertising Awards competition is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising.
Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the local Ad Club phase is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, all across the country, local entrants vie to win ADDY Awards—recognition as the very best in their markets. At the second tier, local ADDY winners compete with winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage of the American Advertising Awards. Entry in your local Ad Club competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY.
Entering the American Advertising Awards supports the entire advertising industry, because the AAF and its local and district affiliates use the proceeds to enhance advertising through programs such as public service, professional development, internships, advocacy groups, advertising education, and consumer awareness.
Selection of the most creative entries is conducted through a scoring process in which a panel of judges—comprised of accomplished advertising creative professionals—evaluates all creative dimensions of every entry. A GOLD ADDY is recognition of the highest level of creative excellence and is judged to be superior. Entries that are also considered outstanding and worthy of recognition receive a SILVER ADDY. The number of awards given in each category is determined by the judges, based on the relative quality of work in that category.
Student American Advertising Awards
The mission of the American Advertising Awards Student Division competition is to recognize and reward creative excellence in the art of advertising.
The American Advertising Awards Student Division is also a three-tier national competition, which is sponsored by the AAF and Ad 2 National. Occurring in conjunction with the professional competition, the Student Awards recognize and reward creative excellence by students. Information on entering the American Advertising Awards Student Division may be found at www.AmericanAdvertisingAwards.com.
• Applicants must be enrolled full or part-time in an accredited U.S. educational institution.
• All worked entered into the competition must have been created between January 1 and December 21, 2016.
• Work may be developed specifically for this competition or submitted from previous projects or competitions.
• Work must be created while entrant is a student not employed in the advertising industry. Student intern work is eligible if it is not used by or paid for by a client. Work developed for paying clients will not be accepted.
• Entries may be entered into only one local American Advertising Awards competition, which is determined by the location of the school at which the work was created. If an affiliated competition does not exist in the market (CBSA, DMA or MSA), the district will direct the entrant to the nearest affiliated competition.
• Recent graduates are eligible to enter as long as the entry was created while the entrant was a student during the 2016 calendar year and the entry meets all other requirements.
Submit work developed specifically for this competition or from previous projects or student contests (work must be created while the entrant is a student not employed in the advertising industry). National winning entries may receive the following:
- Finalist certificate—great for résumés and portfolios
- Prestigious Student American Advertising Award for first-place winners
- $1,000 cash prize for National Best of Show winner
January 19th, 2017
American Advertising Awards Save The Date!
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel
700 Lackawanna Ave, Scranton, PA 18503
Thursday, March 2nd 2017
PLATINUM PRINT SPONSOR
641 North Pennsylvania Avenue
Wilkes Barre, PA
COCKTAIL HOUR SPONSOR
NCM Media Networks
Visual Studios Global
100 WVIA Way
Pittston, Pa 18640