About the AAF NEPA Annual $1000 Scholarship Contest
The American Advertising Federation of Northeast Pennsylvania will award a $1000 scholarship each year to a student who has completed the application process by the deadline of Feb 11, 2022, and has been selected by our Board based on their application. The winner of this scholarship will be also honored at our American Advertising Awards on Feb 25, 2022. (event details TBD).
Since we will be going virtual, students will submit, along with their applications, a video, highlighting WHY they deserve the scholarship. We encourage students to show their creative sides, and have fun with it!
The student must be at least a sophomore in academic standing.
The student must be pursuing a two-year or four-year degree in Marketing, Design, Advertising, Communications or related fields.
The student must possess a 3.0 minimum GPA at the time of application (provide an official or unofficial transcript).
The student must be majoring in advertising, marketing, graphic design, communications, or public relations – or another major with a relevant emphasis, for example: fine arts, with a graphic design emphasis; business, with a marketing emphasis.
The student must be enrolled full-time in a college located in one of the following Northeastern Pennsylvania counties:
- Students are required to create a video – no longer than 2 minutes, no shorter than 1 – in which they should explain why they deserve this year’S AAF scholarship. Make a pretend news show, be a ventriloquist for your dog, involve your friends, family, and peers, or even make a TikTok! Creativity and imagination are paramount!
- Videos will premiere LIVE on the AAF Facebook page the week of Feb 21, with the scholarship winner being announced at this year’s American Advertising Awards in March.
Resume (including current GPA)
Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- 500-word max
- Students’ career goals in advertising, marketing, graphic design, communications, or public relations
- Student’s achievements in media through education and/or volunteer and work activities
- Within these topics, student should discuss the steps he/she is actively taking and plan to take to position him/herself for a career in advertising, marketing, graphic design, communications, or public relations
Provide an appendix or link out to a recent student project that student is most proud of and feels represents their goals in their chosen field.