Scranton, PA (August 17, 2012) – The Board of Directors for the Northeast Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Advertising Federation (AAF), District 2 is proud to announce their Board of Directors roster for the 2012-2013 year. Board members are pillars of the advertising industry in the Northeast Pennsylvania area that are dedicated to the organization’s mission – promoting greater effectiveness in the use of advertising and fostering higher standards of practice in advertising and public communications. They are affiliated with AAF, the national organization empowered by over 50,000 professionals in 220 advertising clubs, 220 college chapters and 110 corporations nationwide.
The AAF, the nation’s oldest national advertising trade association, and the only association representing all facets of the advertising industry, is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and acts as the “Unifying Voice for Advertising.”
The Board Members and positions are as follows:
• President: Katrina Foster, President & Founder of KKPR Marketing & Public Relations, inc.
• Vice President: Christa Vinciguerra, Owner/Designer of Vinciguerra Creative
• Treasurer: David Good, President of M3 Internet Marketing
• Membership Secretary: Kathryn Bondi, Web Designer at NetDriven
• Recording Secretary: Chris Medley, an Assistant Professor at Marywood University
• Web/Social Media Director: Tomlynn Biondo, Designer at Marywood University
• Immediate Past President: Jessica Siegfried, Creative Director at Lavelle Strategy Group
• Directors: Eric Lansberry of Cove Haven, Dave Mehall of Times Shamrock Communications, Joe Van Wie of JVW, Inc., Jamie Hannigan of JVW, Inc., James Gattuso of Lamar Advertising, and Travis Christianson of NetDriven.
“The last two years have been a wonderful experience for me, thanks to the dedicated group of individuals I have had the honor of working beside,” said Jessica Siegfried, Immediate Past President of AAF, NEPA. “These past two years we have had record breaking ADDY Awards, increased interest at events, and personally, I learned quite a bit and made many new relationships that I am grateful for. I have no doubt that Katrina and Christa will continue this momentum. I wish them the best of luck, as well as all of my fellow board members. It’s going to be a great year.”
The Northeast PA AAF hosts the ADDY ® Awards Competition every year and is designed to recognize and reward creative excellence in advertising. The Northeast PA AAF’s local competition is the first tier in a three-tiered national competition conducted annually by the AAF. It is the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition for creative excellence. In addition to the ADDY’s, the group also hosts 20 Minutes and a Beer, which brings in notable speakers in the industry to keep all members of the NEPA AAF informed and up-to-date on the latest trends, technology and more.
On Thursday, August 23rd, the Northeast PA AAF will host its first event of the year at Ferrone’s Winery in downtown Scranton from 6pm to 8pm. The event is $10.00 per person, open to the general public, and includes a wine tasting and light fare. At the event, the group will say ‘hello’ to its members and farewell to one of its long-time directors that is leaving. You can RSVP online at https://aafnepa.org/news/events/.
To become a member of NEPA AAF, visit www.aafnepa.org or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.